I'm not certain of this recipe's origination; however, a dear friend of ours turned us onto this amazing smoked trout dip recipe. In any case, this delicious smoked trout dip has become a crowd favorite at our summer parties and holiday gatherings. Personally, I like to add additional smoked trout (about 12 ounces in total) to the recipe to make the deliciously flavorful smoked trout even more pronounced. You'll thank me later.
1 boneless smoked trout (about 8 ounces)
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
1 tbsp. minced red onion
1 tbsp. minced flat-leafed parsley
1/2 lemon juiced
• Discard the head, skin, and bones.
• Flake trout fillets.
• Pureé the cream cheese, sour cream, and horseradish in a food processor.
• Add the fish and pulse to make a smooth dip.
• Transfer to a bowl and stir in the onion, parsley, and the lemon juice, to taste.
• Refrigerate until firm, at least 1-2 hours.
Serve on crackers, celery, endive, or thin slices of baguette, or crostini.
Last about 10 days in refrigerator.